We would like to introduce you to Michael Chambers. Michael is an October 1995 graduate of World Wide College of Auctioneering and an October 2013 graduate of World Wide College of Auctioneering Advanced Bid Calling Seminar. Michael's auction school experience will inspire you- read what he has to say!
1. Why did you decide to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering?
In 1995, I chose WWCA when it was suggested to me from a senior Automobile Auctioneer. He told me if I wanted to have a successful career in automobile auctioneering then WWCA was the school I needed to attend. I attended World Wide College of Auctioneering again in October of 2013 for the Advanced Bid Calling Seminar.
2. What one thing surprised you the most about auction school?
I was most surprised about the friendships I have made with both students and faculty.
3. What state do you live in?
New Hampshire, born and raised!
4. How many auctions have you attended this past year?
I have attended 250 auctions or more this past year.
5. Tell us about your family.
My wife Kathleen and I met on the auction block. We married in 2004. We have been blessed with two beautiful children Allison and Michael. we also have the pleasure of spoiling two labrador retrievers.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
I am very thankful and proud to live in New Hampshire. Our close proximity to Boston, the White Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean make it hard to beat! We also love and enjoy the four seasons.
7. Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school?
My aha moment was with instructor JillMarie Wiles. Her honest and heartfelt lessons of visualization and self assessment has helped me to empower myself and reach for my full potential.
8. Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
I live by quotes, I'd like to share two. "Lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned." Frank Sonnenburg "Business and Life are like a bank account- you can't take out more than you put in." William Feather
9. Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
With so many good auction companies out there, it's hard to choose one. If asked, I would always recommend and refer a NAA affiliated auction company.
Michael encourages you to Like and follow him on Facebook and Michael Chambers Auction Service.