We would like to introduce you to Bryan Davenport. Bryan is a June 2014 graduate of World Wide College of Auctioneering. John Nicholls instilled a quote in Bryan while at auction school that he still embraces today.
1. Why did you decide to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering?
I chose to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering because it is the best auction school out there and if you want to be the best, you need to learn from the best.
2. What one thing surprised you the most about auction school?
I was most surprised by how helpful the instructors were. They really took the time to help us students one on one. Even after hours, they would stay up late to help, they truly showed an interest in the students.
3. What state do you live in?
4. How many auctions have you attended this past year?
75 or so.
5. Tell us about your family.
Heather and I have six kids. I have three, Austin, Allee and Andrew. Heather has three, Trey, Carlie and Drew. They all get along pretty good. They range in age from 3 to 13, so we have our hands full.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
Anywhere in Texas.
7. Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school.
When Matt Lowery was introduced by Paul C Behr. Paul made all of the instructors sell something when they were introduced and when Matt started selling, the students in our class went crazy. One student compared Matt Lowery to the "Conway Twitty" of the auction business.
8. Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
"Passion doesn't guarantee success, but the lack of it foreshadows failure," John Nicholls told me this. You will not find another person on earth that loves this business more than I do. I not only try to grow in this business daily but I get a blessing out of helping others. It takes a true passion and love of this business to be in it. Sometimes I wonder if it would not be an easier life just going to a public job somewhere, and then I remember John saying that about passion. This is my passion.
9. How many siblings do you have?
I have a sister named Beth. She is married with two kids, Anna and Jay.
10. Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
Barrett Jackson. Not only because of the quality of the team of auctioneers and ringmen and women they have put together, but the class they have on and off the auction block is what I admire. I have had the opportunity to meet some of them and you will not find a classier group of people to be associated with.