We would like to introduce you to Casey Mull, a November 2014 graduate of World Wide College of Auctioneering. Everyone attends auction school for different reasons and for Casey it was to learn a new hobby.
1. Why did you decide to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering?
I attended World Wide because of the reputation of the instructors, the perceived value, and the timing of the course.
2. What one thing surprised you the most about auction school?
What surprised me the most was the diversity of the students and the instructors. Everyone had a different reason for participating. For some, like me, they wanted a hobby. For others, they were perfecting their craft for a career.
3. What state do you live in?
4. How many auctions have you attended this past year?
5. Tell us about your family.
Most of my family, immediate and extended live within 30 minutes of me in Athens, Georgia. My parents and sister all live in Athens. My sister is a nurse, my mother volunteers throughout the community, and my father calls auctions when he doesn't let his full-time job get in the way.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
Probably in a hammock at the beach. If doesn't matter which beach.
7. Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school.
I think one aha moment I had was the vast diversity in types of auctions and types of auctioneers. Some auctioneers are generalists while others specialize in specific types of sales.
8. Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the good deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory or defeat. - T. Roosevelt
9. How many siblings do you have?
One, a sister
10. Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
Classic Auction Company in Athens, Georgia. The reason is that it's the one that I work most closely with and the one owned by my father.