We would like to introduce you to November 2015 World Wide College of Auctioneering Graduate Liz Espey. Liz graduated a short time ago. Within a short time frame, she has taken the skills and knowledge she received from World Wide College of Auctioneering to grow her business.
- Why did you decide to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering?
I wanted to continue in my family's footsteps, as well as tradition. I am currently a 5th generation auctioneer in my family. I wanted to continue in that legacy for another generation, and follow in my father, Steve Espey's footsteps, to become one of the best. I toyed with the idea to actually go to auctioneer school until I finally decided to go after talking it over with my Dad. My goal is to become a champion auctioneer and be among the best!
- What one thing surprised you the most about auction school?
The thing that surprised me the most would have to be how many emotions I felt when everyone was parting ways after graduation. I didn't think it would be that tear jerking, but it was!
- What state do you live in?
- How many auctions have you attended this past year?
Too many to count!
- Tell us about your family.
My Dad, Steve Espy, is a farmer, broker, auctioneer, and a cattleman. He has been my inspiration to follow in his footsteps and be the best that I can be. My Mother, Anita Younger, is also an auctioneer. I have a younger sister, Maria Espey, she is a Junior at Maryville High School.
- If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
If I had the opportunity to live anywhere in the world, I would most likely live south of where I currently live, just because it would be a little warmer.
- Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school.
My "aha" moment for me would have been to be practicing until 4 a.m. and then finally hearing my chant for the first time.
- Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life."- Marc Anthony
- How many siblings do you have?
I have one younger sister named Maria. She is 16 an a junior in high school at Maryville, Missouri.
- Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
My favorite auction company would have to be Steve Espey Auctions and Realty, that's my Dad's auction company!