We'd like to introduce you to February 2015 World Wide College of Auctioneering Graduate Stefen Tucker.
1. Why did you decide to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering?
When the company I work for decided to send me to auctioneering school, we decided it would be in our best interest to learn from the best. Through multiple recommendations it was easy to realize the World Wide, was the place to learn how to be an auctioneer, not just a bid caller.
2. What one thing surprised you most about auction school?
I was honestly surprised about how genuine the instructors were at school. In sports, world champions maybe nice, but rarely do you have the opportunity to have small group sessions, and even one on one instruction with the best of the best. Past the instruction, each instructor was willing to go the extra mile to see you succeed. In fact they encouraged students to keep in contact with them for more help later on.
3. What state do you live in?
I live in the great Lonestar State, Texas.
4. How many auctions have you attended this past year?
I have attended about 25 auctions within the last year. However, since starting my position at Milano Livestock Exchange, I am now in charge of a weekly livestock sale.
5. Tell us about your family.
I have been married to my beautiful wife Maggie Tucker, for a year now. We met in college at Texas A&M University. My brother is a high school football coach in the panhandle Texas. My father works for the Farm Service Agency, and manages 100 head of Simmental cows. My mother is a high school counselor/principle. She is currently fighting breast cancer, and kicking it in the butt!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
Although it is hard to imagine living anywhere except Texas, I think it would be great to live in Hawaii.
7. Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school.
I was struggling finding rhythm in my chant. During an optional evening session, Matt Lowery auctioned to the tune of Mary had a Little Lamb. Everything started clicking that day!
8. Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
9. How many siblings do you have?
I have one older brother, who is a football coach.
10. Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
I am a little biased, but I really like the company I work for, Milano Livestock Exchange. They have given me the opportunity not many people my age get. I sell hundreds or even over a thousand lots every month. I love the cattle industry, and now I get sell cattle on a weekly basis.