We would like to introduce you to June 2014 World Wide College of Auctioneering Graduate Nick McMichen.
1. Why did you decide to attend World Wide College of Auctioneering?
I attended WWCA because I have dreamed of being a champion since I was a little boy and WWCA has graduated more world champion auctioneers than any other school so I thought it had to be good for me.
2. What one thing surprised you the most about auction school?
I was surprised by the different types of people and where they were from. I learned just as much about people while attending WWCA as I did auctioneering.
3. What state do you live in?
Originally from Alabama but I make my home in the great state of North Carolina now.
4. How many auctions have you attended in the past year?
Wow too many to count but I do 4 sometimes 5 a week. So I would say almost 500 a year.
5. Tell us about your family.
I grew up with a uncle who was an auctioneer and from the first time he sat me down on the corner of an auction stand I knew that's what I was made to do. So I owe everything to my family and my wife for the support and wisdom they give me everyday!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
Good question but if I had to choose it probably would be out west in the mountains. God's country!!
7. Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school.
My aha moment had to be when the instructors helped me find my rhythm in my chant and things started clicking.
8. Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
You can sleep when you're dead!!!
9. How many siblings do you have?
I have 2 sisters and 1 brother which who are not in the auction industry.
10. Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
I don't have a favorite company because I am an independent contractor but I love small independent car auctions because of the way they treat customers and there auctioneers!