We would like to introduce you to Jake Yoder, a graduate of our October 2014 Advanced Bid Calling Seminar at World Wide College of Auctioneering. Jake also graduated from World Wide College of Auctioneering in November 2010.
1. Why did you enroll in the Advanced Bid Calling Seminar at World Wide College of Auctioneering?
To better myself as a "Bid Caller" and to become a better person when I'm not behind the microphone.
2. What one thing surprised you the most at the Advanced Bid Calling Seminar?
I was most surprised by the toughness that it takes to become a champion.
3. What state do you live in?
I currently reside in Pennsylvania.
4. How many auctions have you attended this past year?
I have attended 25-30 auctions this past year.
5. Tell us about your family.
I have a great Dad and Mom who taught me a lot about life, the importance of keeping God #1, and the value of a great work ethic. Our family grew up on a Dairy Farm, but now live in various different states. I am the youngest of eight children.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
If I could choose to live anywhere, I would choose one of the Southern states.
7. Tell us about one "aha" moment while attending auction school.
My "aha" moment at the Advanced Bid Calling Seminar was when I discovered a new chant.
8. Do you have a favorite quote that motivates you each day?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
9. How many siblings do you have?
I have seven siblings, 5 brothers and 2 sisters.
10. Do you have a favorite auction company, if so, which one and why?
Beiler-Campbell Auction Services from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, because they gave me my first job.